Each week we ask our trusted Insights panel of women a key question. This week we were interested in finding out what women are thinking about getting their hair coloured now that hairdressers have reopened. It turns out just over half of women are fully ready to go back to the salon! Take a quick read of this week’s bite-sized insights to find out what else our trusted panel told us:
Would you like insights from parents for your business? Use our engaged panels and our dedicated private platform to gather critical insights to help influence women to deliver long term profitability. Contact us now to find how we can help.
As a woman and a mum going grey, I can definitely identify with this survey. A regular visit to the hairdressers to have a colour done is a treat as it’s some me-time but also makes you feel like a completely new woman again.
With lockdown and salons being closed, it was reported that sales of home hair colour kits had rocketed. We wondered whether women were happy to continue to home-dye or if they were ready to go back to the salon.
Recommended reading: Bite-Sized Insights: Shampoo
We asked our Insights panel of women to answer this quick question:
Do you plan to continue colouring your own hair?
- No I’ll be going back to colouring at the hairdressers 52%
- I might alternate between home and hairdressers 19%
- Won’t be colouring my hair again 13%
- I plan to continue doing my own at home 10%
- I don’t colour my hair 6%
Comments from our panel members included:
“Hair colour at home is fine if you’re a professional otherwise it can be a disaster. Especially when you have long curly hair!”
“I did not colour my own hair at all during the time that the hairdressers were closed.”
“My home colouring was a disaster! Back to the hairdressers for me.”
“I’m probably going to alternate as I did save a fortune during lockdown but I’ll do it more for the masking.”
Reflections for Hair Brands and Hairdressers
- Have you reached back out to your customer base to let them know you are open again? Now could be a good time to do a colour offer or a discount off a full cover + cut and blow dry.
- Communicating the health and safety measures the salon has put in place to reassure (and encourage) customers that it is safe to return will be essential. What do you need your customers to be prepared for?
- Haircare brands have an opportunity to heavily promote at-home options for those not planning to return to the hairdressers or for those doing a salon/home split.
Would you like insights for women for your business? Use our panels of engaged women and our dedicated private platform to gather critical insights to help influence women to deliver long term profitability. Contact us now to find how we can help.