This month’s insights are all about the topic of energy in the home. We asked parents to tell us how they felt about home energy in Ireland. Read on to find out more about Insights into Parents and Home Energy and to download our free report.
Would you like tailored insights for your brand? Use our trusted panels of engaged parents and our dedicated private platform to gather critical insights to help your decision making and activate customers. Contact us now to find how we can help
This month’s Insights report gives feedback from parents and insights into their views on home energy. To gather this, we carried out an online survey as well as an online focus group.
Key Insights from Parents on Home Energy
Online Survey carried out on Mykidstime.com in August 2020 with 500 parents and an Online Focus Group carried out on MyInsightsOnTime private platform in August 2020 with 22 panel participants.
- 12% of parents never switch provider while 17% of parents switch annually.
- 49% of parents use comparison websites when planning to switch
- 19% of parents use smart technology to manage their home energy
- The number 1 reason to stay with a utility provider is value for money 69.3%
Feedback from Parents
“I’d like to cut back on how much energy we use but it can be hard to do so accurately.”
“It would be nice to get a little gift at Christmas time if you pay all of your bills on time during the year.”
“I change energy provider every year based on the cheapest price. It annoys me that none of the providers reward loyalty. If you don’t change, your bill goes up. They put so much effort into getting you to switch but none into keeping you.”
Key Recommendations for Energy Brands
- What content are you providing potential new customers at point of decision? When we ran our Insights project for SSE Airtricity, parents told us that being able to see what a typical household bill could be for them was important for helping them to decide.
- What added value options are you giving to families to attract that segment to you?
- Consider contacting your customers proactively in advance of their contract expiring with a new offer to stay.
Download This Month’s Free Insights Report
For more recommendations, survey results and in-depth insights, download this month’s free Insights report on Parents and Home Energy.
In the report you’ll get in depth stats, insights and recommendations to help your business.
Would you like insights from parents for your business? Talk to our panels of engaged mums and dads, using our dedicated private platform to gather critical insights to help influence and activate them. Contact us now to find how we can help.